We've recently tweaked the Login flow of HootBoard to offer a much more improved experience overall.
The changes are done mostly under the hood and there are no significant changes done to the login UI. The current users may experience some snags while using HootBoard (especially if the login session is active in the browser). If that is the case, refreshing the entire site will help or you can clear the cache and try again.
If anybody experiencing any issues while using HootBoard, we are happy to help. Just drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The best part of managing your HootBoard is sharing new content, announcements, and events with your community - and HootBoard invitations can help you grow that community with a new improvement! Our team has added a role selection aspect to our invitation portal which means that you can now invite users to join as any role for your board.
You can get started inviting new users (and selecting their roles!) by logging in to your HootBoard and then navigating to Admin - Manage Members - Invites Sent - Invite More People. Try it out and spread the word about your great HootBoard!
HootBoard's Android App is now updated to version 1.5.0.
Here are the details:
- Boards shown under My Boards are now easier to find with our new tile view.
- Now showing Board Apps on mobile. These Apps will load posts by collection or open any external web link inside the App. Admins of the board can find more details on HootBoard.com under the Manage Screen Apps section of your board.
- HootBoard's unique App View has been added to the Android App. (Not seeing Board Apps? Be sure to create Apps for your board by navigating to the Screen Apps section of your admin menu!)
Are you an Android user? Be sure to let us know what you think!
The latest version of our kiosk operating system includes the following updates:
Idle State Improvements. We've made our Collection Switcher idle state more intelligent - it will now only show and cycle through those collections with hoots in them.
Join on Mobile Layout Improvements. We've fixed a number of layout issues with the Join on Mobile slide to ensure that this feature performs well through both landscape and portrait orientation.
Other minor tweaks.
Exciting news from our hard-working development team! We've recently deployed an update with big changes to the calendar view - upgrading its appearances, making it easier than ever to navigate, and improving the overall usability when it comes to viewing events. Best of all - our brand new calendar supports all common gestures, allowing you to quickly gather the information with as little effort as possible. Swipe, scroll, click - have fun!
Here are a few highlights from the front lines:
- Added a brand new month view and a brand new week view making it easier than ever to choose the time frame that you'd like to see.
- Included a full year overview highlighting the days on which you have an event.
- Added functionality allowing you to scroll up and down to navigate month to month or week to week.
- Ability to easily select any day and quickly go into the week or day-at-a-glance view.
- Added a clutter-free events list view letting you view a list of events in chronological order.
- Plus an additional view that focuses just on the events, allowing you to easily glance at all the events on the board in one go.
One small note: this new calendar update is currently only available on our kiosk platform. It is being rolled out to our beta customers first and will be rolled out to our entire kiosk segment shortly. If you'd like to learn more about our kiosk products, just let us know!
Good news! You can now edit or remove an individual event within a series of recurring events! This means you can edit the start or end time of a single event, remove an individual event within a series, or change the time of all the remaining events within a series. Let us know how it goes!